Events and Group Activities
Località il Piano is well-suited for group activities. We can accomodate up to 12
people in our agriturismo for multi-day events, such as student
excursions, yoga retreats and art courses. We can accomodate
groups of 10 - 20 (or more) for daytime activities, offering the potential for
hands-on classes in wild edible plant recognition and cookery, winegrape
harvesting - winemaking, olive oil tasting, goat milking - cheesemaking,
nature hikes, seminars in traditional arts (willow basket making,
leather tanning), demonstrations of grafting techniques for fruit trees
and discussions of the meaning and importance of sustainable
agriculture. We specialize in events with an educational-agricultural
focus, as both Adolfo and Darcy have PhDs in agriculture and have
experience in teaching in English and in Italian.
A sampling of events that we have hosted in the past includes:
- October 2010 A group of 10 international high school students and 2
teachers came to Località il Piano for a three-day educational trip
with classes and discussions of cheesemaking, organic vegetable production, bread and
pizza-making in our wood-fired oven. Students participated in the
wine-grape harvest then squeezed the grapes the traditional way
(barefoot!), with a discussion of fermentation biology and winemaking technique.
- April 2011 "Per l'annunziata, ogni erba è un 'insalata",
wild plants hike and snack with ProSpoleto.
- May 2012 A group of 12 from a Dutch cooking school visited
Località il Piano for a wild plant-gathering hike, followed by a culinary
demonstration (traditional handmade pasta) and tasting of various products using
the wild plants gathered.
- July 2013 Jam-tasting event pairing our unusual organic jams with sheep's milk cheeses made by our
- May 2014 Class in "Cheesemaking from barn to fork": milking the goats,
making mozzarella and ricotta cheese from that milk.
- August 2015 PomAdoro: tasting and evaluation of 20 varieties of heritage tomatos grown on-farm.
- July 2016 Students from the Nutrition Department of the University of New Hampshire come to Località il Piano to make pizza with farm produce and cheeses and experiment with our woodburning oven.
For further information regarding group events, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Wild plants foraging hike
||Making pizza for guests
|Students crush grapes